Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi, it's me, Jeff Dvorak

So, it's been a long time since I've posted anything to this blog. Mainly because I know there hasn't been anybody seeing it and I would basically be talking to myself, which I already do too much. So I stopped. On Sunday though, I put my first novel, The Trinity Murders, free for two days and it was a monster success. It got all the way up to 16th on the free kindle store. Which of course has led to brisk sales afterwards so I thought I should stop by. Hopefully this will become a regular occurrence

Basically, I just wanted to say hello and say a little about myself to all the wonderful people who come to search out my blog because of one of my books...or for that matter, any other reason people find my blog. I turned 40 six weeks ago and it was a relatively painless process. I was the 15th employee at eBay and was with them for a little over 14 years. Now I am just another in a long line of former eBay employees. That was in Utah and in November I moved back to San Jose, California where I grew up. I've been looking for a job ever since and it has definitely turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would, that's for sure.

I'm a better than average bowler. I started when I was 6 years old and I average in the mid to high 190s. I am worse than average golfer but that doesn't keep me from playing. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting any better. I read a lot of books, watch a lot of movies and watch a lot of TV. I'm also a big sports fan. I'm a glutton for punishment though as my favorite teams are the A's, Sharks and Raiders.

Lastly, I'm a writer. I've wanted to be one since I was in High School and once self publishing came along I decided to give it an honest shot. I've currently published two novels, am working on a third and could probably write seven or eight more before I need to start thinking of ideas. I also have ideas for 13 short stories that I hope to start working on over the next year. If you've read The Trinity Murders or are debating doing so, I have five planned for the series. That might change as I write them but as it stands now, five is the number. I don't just hope to write novels. I also have a couple different screenplays in different states and I created a cartoon years back that I am very excited about. Someday if I can get around the right people I will pitch the cartoon.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell. There is a lot more that makes me, me but it's a start. If you have any questions for me or comments or want to tell me how good or bad my books are, please feel free to reach out. I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Just wanted to say that I read your Trinity Murders that I got on my Kindle. I'm a writer too, and I think you did a great job! Keep up the good work!! Look forward to more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and I'm thrilled you enjoyed my book. I am currently working on book 3 and enjoying the direction it's taking. Good luck your writing....I hope you find success!

    ReplyDelete