Monday, July 11, 2011

The End

No, this isn't the end of me....at least I hope not. I finally reached the end of my novel. I told a friend over the chat function in Words with Friends that I had just written "the end" but that was a little poetic license. I didn't actually write those words but I'm very happy with how it ended. I was a little worried that I wouldn't know how to end it but just like the rest of the story, it came to me right before I wrote it. The entire time I almost felt like I was on a train but there was only a few feet of track ahead of me and I had to continue to frantically place more track before the train derailed. Thankfully, I had a pause button so I could sit from time to time and ponder if I wanted to lay down a 'S' turn or an gentle incline or whatever but I had a lot of fun writing it. Especially the last third where things really started happenin'!

Three weeks from now I plan to have it available for purchase...and then scrutiny. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished and I hope anyone who reads it finds as much joy in reading it as I had writing it. Not that anybody will see this until after the fact but as soon as I get the cover back from my cover artist, I will post it here. I'm going home to visit friends and family this weekend but once I get back Sunday, on to book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment